Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'll take all the prayer I can get

I was sitting in between Synergy Cafe and Silver Mine Subs in between meeting with supporters. I was sitting there in the sun writing thank you notes to some prayer supporters when a Silver Mine Subs delivery guy came over saying something about the weather and "whoever it is that controls it." It was as if he was aching to talk to God or God was aching to talk to him. "Oh yeah, I kinda work for him" I said. "Oh, uh what are you working on there?"
"I'm writing thank you notes to people who pray for me. I really appreciate that people are praying for me, I'll take all the prayer I can get" I answered. "I could really use some prayer right now" So I asked him if I could pray for him, and I got to pray for John whom God fully knows and fully loves. Then he was on his way to make his next delivery. I was hoping I would run into John again before I returned home. Hear more of his story, where he was with God, help him find a place he can continue to be prayed for and challenged. I didn't though. Maybe you'll run into him, or someone else who could really use some prayer. Thank you for praying for me, I really will take all the prayer I can get. What a joy to work for the one who is in control of weather and everything else.

No comments: